martes, 26 de mayo de 2020

Countable versus Uncountable nouns. Usage of a / an, some and any. Grade 6, 5 and 4.

REMEMBER:
We use a/an with singular uncountable nouns.
Eg.
You need an umbrella, since it´s raining.

We use some with plural countable nouns.
Eg.
There are some books on the table.
I am going to buy some strawberries.

We can also use some with uncountable nouns.
Eg.
He needs some money to buy it.
There is some milk in the fridge, but I need to buy more.
Can I have some cheese, please?

Note that we can say:
A cake / some cakes / some cake (meaning a piece of cake)
A chicken /bsome chickens / some chicken (meaning a piece of chicken)
So, we can say:
I need some ham.
I need some lettuce.
I need some meat.
I need some fish.


Can you do these activities?

Complete with a / an / some.

  1. I live in ................................big house.
  2. I need to buy .................................... butter. 
  3. He  needs ...........................................berries to make ......................... cake.
  4. He is very good at cooking and he made  ....................... omelette.
  5. He lives in .........................  city by the Ocean.
  6. I neeed ...................................... turkey.
  7. I lost ................................. umbrella.
  8. I need ..................................... bread.
  9. She wants to buy .................................... new car.
  10. They work in  ................................ office at that building.




Can you write a dialogue. Imagine you go to a restaurant and you order some food. Try to use both countable and uncountable nouns, some and any.


You can do some more practice in the following links:

Remember that we use some in affirmative sentences and any in negative and interrogative sentences.





You don´t have to send me the liveworksheets. They ´re just for practising.

Take care...!!!

Ana Isabel Ferreirós Rey.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario